Saturday, May 15, 2010

Its an unpredictable world

Last when I wrote, I heard that in Bangkok protests are being called off, Now they say its worse and situation is bad.

Most of the events at Bangkok are postponed and I hope, better sense will prevail with my xaverian pals and they will also postpone it for some time.

Mr. Mukesh Ambani says crude will touch 100$ and that reminds me of my conference in singapore in 2008, where we discussed that now that crude is 150$ and will touch 200$ soon, what will economy look like globally.

Whole three days devoted to it and oil crashed to 40$, so much for predictability.

In economics, we read about multiplier theory and one thing that I have noticed about it is that it multiplies good or bad whatever way one is going.

When economy is booming the rate is good and its gaga all over...multi fold projections.. happy faces..more jobs...more demand for housing... people buying 2nd home... 3rd home may be bunglows.... spending more... partying more..

Suddenly the tide turns and everything is more again but southward.. more cost cutting...selling 3rd home or 2nd home.. no bunglows.. job losses.. panics..

So the happiness or troubles, like relatives they never come alone.

Coming back to focus..I see asia prosperous and europe in trouble and america neutral almost. Will there be any polarisation of world economies and like it was predicted, only BRIC economies will survive.

But is Russia in good shape today? Very little is known about them presently.. I hope they are as strong as they show.

Time to go back to work now... good day...

No comments:

Post a Comment